Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fire, fire, fire!! Thank you Lord

I woke up this morning, it was supposed to be a normal day...

Work would start at 8a.m and my ride would leave at 7:15 a.m

My alarm rang, i went to the kitchen and put the kettle on the cooker to boil as PHCN would not give power and i can't use the electric one...

I went to my room to pick what i would wear for the day, then i felt this compulsion to go to the kitchen and take something...

Then what i saw shocked to my my bones, my kitchen was covered in smoke and i managed to go inside...i froze at what i saw!

My cooker was in flames, all over and under it, i have never really seen a fire incident so i was really in pieces. well the proactive side of me took over, i shut down the gas, and was wondering how to put up the flames right in front of me, then common sense told me it was better to have a wet and flooded kitchen than a house on fire, so i started pouring water on the cooker, and finally the fire was out!

And then the shock of what happened finally settled in...i was shalink all over, then i called hubby and woke him up from sleep (he's out of town) and he tried to calm me...he was so sweet on the phone. I didn't even know i was crying till he said..."Ah! you're crying".. then i realised.

He made me seat down for a while, yes over the phone:..) And i was a bit calm. I had my bath and dressed up on auto pilot...i didn'even pay the usual attention to my dressing

The irony is i'm here at work trying to resolve issues and queries while i am in a state of shock myself, i'm just trying to get over it....guess i will by the time the day is over and i am begging that it will be possible and easy for hubby to come home. I am overwhelmed..

Flashback to Sunday, i was in church trying to buy tapes when a thief picked my pocket, my new phone that hubby bought for me was stolen! Chei! I was in love with that phone. My friends and i went for the first service which ended at 9 am but we ended staying for all three services because the person in possesion of the phone who claimed to be a policeman that had retrieved promised to bring it back. well he didn't, guess he changed his mind or finally figured out how to remove the battery since he couldn't switch off since i had a lock code on it.

Another shocking thing that i was just recovering from. I have a new phone and a new sim, and then this?

Well, i guess life's just full of challenges and one has to move over them...

Laters!

9 comments:

aloted said...

Fire ke! Thank God you are ok.
So much in the space of one week. Pele my dia...God dey! God dey!

ODODO said...

Hi happenings,

Thank God for protection o. It could have been worse. It really is funny how some 'not so good' things seem to happen simultaneously at times. Our lives are in God's hands and we are the apple of God's eyes.

Cheer up dear, you've got a loving hubby and you're the apple of God's eyes.

Take care!

Favoured Girl said...

Awww sorry about the fire. Thank God for protection sha! I imagine that it could have been worse if you hadn't been prompted to go and check it. God is faithful. Your hubby is so sweet, you are a blessed lady!

TMinx said...

Sorry about that, hope you are doing okay. You are much calmer than me!

Miss Opeke said...

All those things are just temporary...but what matters is that you are ok...I am glad to read that you are safe...Thank You,God...

Anonymous said...

thank God you're ok.. i jus read a tragic fire story on calabargal's page.. for every life taken there's one saved.. thank God you're ok.

classybabe said...

Thank God you are o.k,can't imagine the shock that u went through and u were able to be proactive.It is well

Anonymous said...

life is full of challenges ...we brush our selves up and tread forward!thank God no one was hurt in d fire..na only phone dey steal it can be replaced!cheers

Writefreak said...

@ all
thank you so much for being so caring and supportive.
I've gotten over the unpleasant event now. Just that we
have to shell cash for a new cooker but i guess that's
better than getting hurt.: