Friday, February 27, 2009
I had a guest (who manages to turn up at my house everyday) and i honestly almost walked her out. I wanted to be alone and i guess she just didn't get the message...hmmph...i had so many reasons to be thankful but i couldn't even bring myself to do my thankful post. I'm not in a bad mood, and i'm not unhappy, i'm just a bit unmotivated! And i keep getting questions from people 'are you alright'?
Yes i'm very very alright, just having one of those moments when you need to recharge and refresh (like the coke promo that was cancelled, the maximum you could win was 50 bucks when you've even bought the cold for 60 bucks, awon ole!*)lol...i'm an eagle, i need time to renew myself, guess that's where i've been the past few days.
What's it with Naija service providers??? They just make me wanna pull out my hair! In the last few days, i've had issues with everything i own that has some form of technology; internet on my computer, my blackberry, even DSTV joined them today. What do the customer service guys in Multichoice do for crying out loud! No offences meant but i was on the phone with them for at least 4 minutes about 5 times today and they couldn't resolve my issue. Crap! They all seemed to be reeling out info from the same textbook...pshew. Bring out your smartcard, switch off your decoder and reinstall dish then insert your smsrt card again, it will work'. Duh, did i not just tell you i've done that like 10 times already?? Arrgghhh...they make me wanna pull out my hair! But i won't o, i'm even braiding it at the moment. Ok lemme spare you the lamentation.
What do you do when someone keeps showing up at your house almost every blessed day unannounced? They make themselves welcome and treat themselves to goodies from the fridge. We're not the best of friends but we're not enemies either. I feel as if i gave this person too much access but i just can't stick it anymore. I'm sure i'm a nice person but i'm starting to feeI 'unnice'. I love my ME time and i honestly don't stay home to play, I WORK FROM HOME!!! I've asked a few friends and their opinion have helped me. I actually gave the security instructions yesterday that i didn't want a guest, i don't know if the person in question showed up or not and i really don't care. Some people don't just get hints. There are some people i like to see everyday but unfortunately this person doesn't fall within that category. How would you handle the situation? I think somewhere in the book of Proverbs, the bible says something like 'withdraw your feet from your neighbour's house lest he hates you'. I'd like to hear your views.
On a good note my brother just got his NYSC posting to Imo state. Did anyone serve there? Any helpful tips you can give me for him? I'd appreciate it.
Will be back soon with a post from memoirs of my childhood! Remember my Iyabo post?
Have a nice weekend all!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
I already thought i'd just leave it till next week until Caelestis reminded me, here i am doing my thankful post because God is indeed worthy of all the praise and glory! Thanks babe
So i am thankful for the following reasons
1. I am thankful for the wonderful man God has blessed me with and for my marriage. Valentine's day was wonderful. I had planned hubby's surprise, i wasn't focusing on what i could get. Dude had sent a message the previous day saying not to bother with a gift but he didn't know i had things planned. I played along. Should i just say eh was surprised? I got flowers and some other stuff ...*winks
2. I am thankful because Mr and i are in one accord. Without previous discussion, i bought him 9 cards and he bought me 9 roses, we both had the same thing in mind, we've been together 9 years in total!
3. I thank God for new godly friends. I'm in a new city, i know very few people but God is gradually bringing people that love Him my way; the kind of people i can be proud to associate with
4. I am thankful for open doors, He sets before me an open door and no man can shut it. Halleluyah!
5. I am thankful for Vera's valentine's day. I prayed she would get a surprise and she did..hehehe
6. I am thankful for my dad's life. Yesterday, he turned a year older. God continues to keep him and the rest of my family
7. I am thankful for friends who can tell me the truth without fear.
8. I am thankful for provision. God continues to meet our needs
9. I am thankful that my neighbour's wife had a safe delivery and he goes to see his wife and first born son on Sunday. God is good!
I am thankful for a lot of things, but if i decide to fill this page, i won't be able to accommodate your list, lol..so what are you thankful for?
Ps: Blogville help me o, i have a stalker and because of him i have stopped jogging! He met me one day in the morning while i was going and he said he was a health instructor and i was doing the wrong thing, depleting minerals in my body without replacing them. Jogging isn't good for me bla bla...i told him well thank you, can i continue? He said he trains pple, dance classes, mild yoga etc. Where? On a schoolfield, i said ok, even asked the address to get him off my back. I didn't go jogging for a few days cos i wasn't feeling too good...only yesterday i wanted to go out jogging and the security guy came with a flier in his hands from this guy. He said the guy dropped it.
Please help me, blogville, how did this guy find my house? I'm scared to go out now o!
Remember to swing by www.soulsistasheart.blogspot.com
(I've had to remove the hyperlinks because i think they're making it difficult to open my blog, i wonder why!)
Monday, February 16, 2009
So i got tagged by YNC on the honest scrap award, so i am telling you ten things about myself that i hope i haven't shared before. If you've read it here before, just act surprised still..lol
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon :)
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself
So here goes:
1. I once fooled myself that i could be left handed cos i thought most left handed people were brilliant
2. I'd rather write how i feel than talk about it. Maybe i'm shy?
3. I've worn glasses since i was in SS2 but i tend to deceive myself that i have great eyesight until i get them nasty headaches
4. I got married two years and two months ago to my first real boyfriend who i met in Uni(as a virgin) and we're still madly in love
5. At a time in my life, i thought only prostitutes polished their nails and had more than one ear piercing
6. I graduated as the best student in my class in University
7. I have always left my jobs since i graduated except for one although at the point of leaving i never was sure of what i would do (think i'm crazy?)
8. I write very fast and hate to re-read anything i write. Most of my posts are first drafts
9. I hate onions, infact i hardly eat them and i pick them aside when i see them in food
10. I didn't have a train when i got married, only a maid of honour because i don't like the stress....
I think i'll add another one..lol though it's meant to be 10
11. I love God with all of my heart!
I think i'm very weird or very honest cos i can come up with a lot more things about myself but i'm guessing that's the same for a lot of people..
Enjoy the rest of your week people!
Ps: I don't think i'm tagging anyone, ok i tag y'all who haven't done this...!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
I am thankful for a safe trip to and fro for hubby and i
I am thankful for friends who i can rant at when i feel like. Thanks for the listening ear guys
I am thankful for though it seems some things are not working, i have an assurance in the word of God and a more sure word of prophecy! I am thankful for all the scriptures that bring peace in my heart
I am thankful that i got healed from the terrible cold that got me down
I am thankful for potential opportunities
I am thankful for the wonderful relationship i have with my husband and for the things God is working out in our lives.
Everything might not be perfect right now but there's always a reason to be thankful, what are you thankful for?
Ps: for those of you who read our other blog ,it will be updated in the next couple of days
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
1. I am thankful for the gift of life, being able to sleep and wake up is a miracle and i don't take it for granted.
2. I am thankful for the most amazing news i received from my very good friend...i prayed and God answered. Father i am indeed grateful
3. For bringing our household stuff to Abuja safely from Lagos.
4. For the 1kg i lost in the past one week....still about 3 more kgs, Lord i know you can do it.
5. For my husband who is totally open and honest with me. Thank you Lord for giving me a good man
6. For the friends i made on blogville recently. You guys rock!
7. For the miracle He is about to perform in my life. I know it! i just know it!
8. I am thankful for the hope God has given me in His word, He continues to open my eyes.
9. For the healing He gave me from headache once i stood on His word
10. For the may blessings He continues to shower on me..some i might not remember but i am indeed very grateful!
'Great is your faithfulness o Lord my father'
What are you thankful for?
Monday, February 02, 2009
The next week I got a simple email from him telling me he was working onsomething and he would get in touch as soon as he finished. I was mad, this was no way for a man to treat his wife. Had he even forgotten about our son?
My landlord and his wife paid us a visit someday and the woman in her caring way wanted to know what was going on. I surprised myself when I burst into tears, I had been bottling up my emotion. The woman just came to me, wrapped me in a hug and promised me that she was sure whatever the situation was, everything would be ok. The husband had an ‘I knew it’ look on his face and I hated myself for breaking down in their presence. When I calmed down, my landlord’s wife turned to him and said: ‘’honey, why don’t you take our young friend with you to the club today to get her mind off things? I really don’t want to go, you can cheer her up and you will have company. I’ll take Dammy (my son) for the evening’’
I wondered if this woman could not tell that her husband was hitting on me. Why had fate planned it this way. I tried to get out of it but she would hear none of my protests. I needed to go out and be cheerful. I was stuck with the old goat.
I was tense all the way to the club and barely said a word throughout the drive. After having a few drinks though, I relaxed and an evening with ‘the old goat’ as I was fond of calling him turned out not too bad after all, he had a great sense of humour and made me laugh a lot forgetting my problems. I must have been tipsy a bit. I was surprised he didn’t ask me for anything that night, he only asked if I wanted to do it again with a glint in his eyes. I found myself saying yes and I knew the next time, there might be no turning back. He put an envelope in my hands as he said goodnight, when I opened it, there was a sum of N20,000. My heart leapt for joy. I needed cash at the time.
We had a nice evening and he introduced me to some of his friends at the club as his friend and also his tenant, one of them winked knowingly at me and I felt a pang of guilt. I was probably not the first lady my landlord had brought to this place. We enjoyed the evening and I braced myself for what I knew would happen when we left the club
My landlord instructed his driver to drive to a popular hotel far from where we lived. My heart was pounding in my chest as I knew what I was about to embark on was unfaithfulness to my husband and our marriage vows but I rationalised that a woman had needs and my husband had not been there in a long time to fulfil those needs or do his duties. I rationalised that my move was justified. My body craved intimacy and my purse needed cash. My landlord was providing both.
I went into the bathroom to have a shower and left my landlord on the bed, it kept occurring to me that I was doing the wrong thing and I would live to regret it. In all our married years, this had not happened once, not even when we were dating. Would I be able to live with the consequences. I begged my heart to let me rest, afterall I had committed the adultery in my heart already but it would not be quiet. I was wondering if I could go through with the deceit and ever look my husband in the face again or even the landlord. What could be the end of this affair but shame?
I walked out of the bathroom and heard my phone beep with a text message. It was from my husband and it simply said: ‘baby I love you, I am sorry for the agony I have put you through. Please forgive me. I’ll be home tomorrow morning and we can work things out. I am very sorry’
I looked at my landlord, shook my head and told him I couldn’t go through with it, grabbed my clothes, hurriedly wore them and ran out of the hotel room, leaving the man watching after me with mouth agape.
Hope you guys liked the conclusion, if not, you can write your own ending in your comment...I know..lol
Hope you guys liked the conclusion, if not, you can write your own ending in your comment...I know..lol
Have a nice week!
Also remember to take a look at the blog aloted and i cohost