Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Against All Odds, I Glorify!

Today I don't feel like praising. I don't even want to worship but I will because I do not only praise You father for what I can get or for what You can do. I praise you Lord because you are God, because you are faithful and you are just. And although questions rage in my heart, I will not yield to the temptation, i will NEVER question you. You number the hair on my head, Lord You care in an amazing manner and for this I surrender to You in worship.

I am tempted to go into a dark place and maybe stay there. I am tempted to cover my head with my blanket and stay there but although it is so tempting, I will not yield. I choose to praise You for that which You said You can do because that is exactly what You will do. Almighty God, indeed, Your might is more than any I have ever seen.

When I want to doubt, You constantly show me in Your word that You are capable of doing all things and showing Your might strong on behalf of those whose hearts are blameless towards You. Sarah was 80 years old Lord when you decided to make her a sign and a wonder. Who else can do that but you Lord? You are awesome! Inspite of her unbelief, she even laughed when you spoke but my Lord, you blessed her!

Abraham was 90 years old, you fulfilled your promise to Him. Father I might not understand but like Isaac, with a knife to my neck, I will trust that You have provided my ram. The one that will take my place for the sacrifice. I thank You o Lord because you're never late! You're always on time although in my head, I wonder what is taking You so long! (you must shake your head when you look at me Lord).

When Job was in the most uncomfortable situation, He chose to praise You. He said though He slay me, I will praise Him. I have not been uncomfortable like Job father, I choose to praise You and even if i were, Your praise would NEVER leave my lips. He was advised to curse you and die but he held on and praised you. Like Job this afternoon, I praise You.

Habbakuk knew how to worship and even when everything seemed so bleak, the fig trees would not blossom, the vine would not yield their increase, He chose to praise. I choose to praise Lord. You are faithful.

I remember the Israelites in Egypt father, how you brought them out with a strong hand and fed them with manna. You even gave them water out of a rock. Dear father, You are AWESOME!

I remember Hannah, how you turned her story around. Thank you Lord! You turned around the story of Jabez. Thank you father. You were in that fiery furnace with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. My God, you are a DELIVERER! Paul was bitten by a snake and nothing happened to him. Look how you gave them wine at the wedding Lord and saved them from disgrace. Oh Lord, You alone cover my shame and i praise you!

When I remember all these amazing testimonies, I cannot but praise. You are the God who is NEVER late.

For my life and my husband's, I thank you. You constantly care for us. You are our pillar, our rock and you sustain us. You keep us together in your love and harmony and give us joy that only you can give. Thank you dear Lord.

I thank you Lord for all my family and friends. You constantly keep them.

For those friends I was praying for, the ones who have experienced heartaches and losses that You have now blessed Lord, I give you thanks. This time Lord I am thankful because in theirarms, they will welcome bundles of joy.

I thank you for all You are and all You do. I thank you for the air I breathe though I constantly complain of how hot it is.

Lord I thank You because You constantly choose to use this earthen vessel for your glory. You give me the opportunity to encourage and bless others even though I might be grumpy sometimes. You let them see a beacon of light through me and I am grateful that although I might have an albatross on my neck, You use it for Your glory. And through me, the scripture that says you have given me the tongue of the learned that I may know how to speak a word in season to the weary is fulfilled.

Be magnified o Lord, You're indeed worthy!

Borrowing from Rita's post, I can say

You keep track of all my sorrows
You have collected all my tears in Your bottle. You have recorded each one in Your book (Ps 56:8 NLT)

25 comments:

doll (retired blogger) said...

wow...!! i can feel the emotions behind this post...

It has inspired me..so i'l have to say thank you

Unknown said...

I have a bad habit for which I've been talking to God for- grumbling to God when things don't go my way..
Thank you for this post..
Please visit http://helpnigeria.blogspot.com
Thanks
www.askchacha4free.blogspot.com

Dee! said...

Awesome God! He is NEVER late! No matter how the human mind thinks, He is NEVER late. In ALL give thanks! Thanksgiving is the cheapest way to make the devil crazy!

I join you in thanksgiving!

Shalom!

Anonymous said...

...'tis so very easy to praise Him, not because we don't want to but, 'cos we forget we always have a reason to praise Him.

The simply reason being because He is faithful and He is just.

A remainder to praise....

Myne said...

I'm still learning to give thanks in all things. Thanks for sharing this heartfelt message.

Mwajim Al said...

Its funny i was just thinking of how i have been very slow and reluctant in giving praise to God recently. This post has rejuvenated me. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Well written..in all give thanks!It is well

Blessing said...

That was very deep....if we truly know the God we serve...we'll look at each one of our "crisis" as opportunties...he sees the end from the beginning...thank u for the post!!!

AliceDCL said...

he is faithful,,
i know that more than any..
he is faithful

AliceDCL said...

he is faithful,,
i know that more than any..
he is faithful

Beulah! said...

God is good. I have settled it in my heart for all time that he is going, it doesnt m,atter wat im going through, he will always come through for me.

I enjoyed ur post, it blessed me immensely.

downtheaisle said...

babe, I feel you on this post and this is one of my favorite words:

Habakkuk 3:19 “Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds’ feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.”

The funny thing is...He's there all the way!!!!

Rebirth said...

I enjoyed reading this cuz lately i have given in to the temptation of hiding and not praying..... thanks for sharing

jhazmyn said...

For some reason this reminds me of Jaycee's post...and how we can never hide from Gods presence wherever we are...happy place, sad place, devastated place, exciting place...He is always at the core, what else remains but to rest in Him and give Him the praise and worship He deserves each and everyday

Rita said...

Talk about a sacrifice of praise...God bless you.

Dawn said...

Writefreak,
It is well..It is even harder when people seem to be getting that thing you are longing for easily but it is well.

Keep on Praising and worshipping,it is not easy but God will make a way for you.

He will do it in such a way that you will know that it is him and we will all say that yes,God is God, God is no man!!!

~Sirius~ said...

As it is written, in every situation we should give thanks and praise.

The Lord is our strength.

And it will be well, because He has already said that.

BSNC said...

We give him thank and praise. God is good : )

Anonymous said...

This post really touched me because I am in the sane position... Trying not to yield to questions and praise Him instead. May God give us the strength to do so... :)

Anonymous said...

Yes o.. Even if the fig tree refuses to blossom... Norrin dey happen..

Writefreak said...

Doll ; I'm glad you were inspired. Thank God!

2cute4u; We all do it but we must remember that He is God in the good or bad times!

Dee; Nope He is NEVER late!

rethot; Yes, we must ALWAYS praise Him. May His praise never depart from your mouth!


Myne; I pray the Holy Spirit will teach you. Amen

Mwajim: I'm glad the post has helped you see need to praise Him. Let's continue...

PinkSatin; Yes it is well and it is no cliche!

BBYW: Thanks for that comment. He sure knows the end of the story even before it was written. Halleluyah! And i'm glad you were blessed.

BBB: Yes He is!

Beulah; Glad you were blessed...He is indeed faithful!

downtheaisle; I love that scripture! It's one of my favourites at the moment!

Funms; Sweetie, never give up praying! A prayerless believer is a powerless one...and it's not just a saying!

jhazmyn: now you want to make me sing...there's no place i can hide from your love...no we can't o!

Rita: Amen, God bless you too!

dawn: For some reason, i feel you know me. Like your comment is kinda personal. Do you know me? I wanted to email you but i didnt find any blog or email addy for you!
And yes, your comment is totally right!

Sirius, Yes my dear sister! He is our strength.

BSNC; Yes He is! Glad to have you back. How have you been?

FandM; Amen!

akaBagucci; Nope norring dey happen o! No shaking :-)...how're you?

DayDreamer said...

Awesome praise. Remeb=mbering what God has done!

aloted said...

Heartfelt post.

God "eats" our praises and I know he will make all things beautiful for you in HIS time.

Jinta said...

there always are reasons to be thankful

Jennifer A. said...

...the One who collects all our tears in a bottle...

*Sigh*...may the stories of the bible be "life" unto you. You will testify soon...:)

(ps: just read your interview on Bookaholic...your responses were lovely...esp about the future of publishing in Nigeria and the blogs you like...thanks. Thank God for His inspiration every day...there are so many things to be thankful for, so just keep your *grin* on).

Lots of love, me.