Giving thanks keeps things in perspective. It makes you focus on what is going right and shift your attention(even if temporarily) from the negatives. It makes you acknowledge that things are not so bad.
When you graduate from thanksgiving to worship, it gives you a sense of reckless abandonment. You move your focus entirely from the natural to the supernatural and it's almost a case of 'i don't send, God's got it all now'.
Singing praises, giving thanks open doors to great things. Closed doors are open...
'But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed.'. Acts 16:25-26
This is my 10th thankful post and i am not giving up...I am thankful for the following:
1. I am thankful for the death and ressurection of Jesus. So many lessons to learn from it!
2. I am thankful for the Easter holidays, it's one of the best Mr and i have had in a long time....talk of just lounging. No details all you aprokos...lol!
3. I am thankful for my marriage, for a man that loves me and whom i love in return, for the ability to continue seeing the best in each other. I don't take this for granted
4. I'm thankful for a safe trip. Mr and I went to Lagos and came back safely
5. I'm thankful for my family. I saw all my siblings except one last week and I'm glad they're all doing ok.
6. I'm thankful for my nephew and niece who seem to be growing in leaps and bounds.
7. I'm thankful for my health. Sometimes my digestive system just seems to be on a break, it was yesterday but today I feel a lot better.
8. I'm thankful for good and godly friends and the ability to be able to stick together in good or bad times.
What are you thankful for?
ps: i'm seriously beginning to think i should be able to get paid for blogging. i'd rather blog than do my work...help people! but erm, i'm beginning to think if i got paid for it, won't i also start seeing it as a job, not so? i love blogging jo! lol
*Pls swing by soulsistas to read our latest post*